A lending program of SSS available directly from the SSS.
The principal applicant must have the following qualifications:
- The member-borrower must be a member of SSS who has at least thirty-six (36) months contributions and twenty-four (24) continuous contributions in the period prior to application.
- Age of member is not more than sixty (60) years old at the time of application.
- Member was not previously granted a repair and/or improvement loan by the SSS or NHMFC.
- Member has not been granted final SSS benefits.
- Borrower and spouse is updated in the payment of their other SSS loan(s), if any.
The loan may be used to finance any of the following:
- Major repairs, particularly for dilapidated and structurally unsafe housing units.
- Improvements which shall apply to:
- Extension or expansion and enhancement of economic and aesthetic value of an existing housing unit. Said improvements shall be permanently attached to the house.
- Completion of an occupied bare house.
- Construction of concrete fence and steel gate.
- Installation of deep well and motor pump.
The maximum loanable amount is Php1,000,000.00.
- Appraised value of collateral of at least 70% but not to exceed 90%.
- Borrower’s capacity to pay.
- Actual need of the borrower based on the contract to sell/scope of work and bill of materials evaluated by the SSS.
The loan is payable in multiples of five (5) years up to a maximum of term of twenty (20) years except for OFW which have a maximum term of fifteen (15) years. However, the loan term shall be subject to the following:
- The principal borrower’s age shall not exceed sixty-five (65) years old at the time of loan maturity.
- The loan term shall not exceed the economic life of the house after repairs and/or improvements are introduced as determined by the SSS appraiser.
Interest Rate and Processing Fees
The interest rate for the loan is nine percent (9%) per annum.
NOTE: Loans with a payment term of not more than 15 years shall bear a fixed interest rate. Loans with a payment term beyond 15 years shall bear a fixed interest rate only during the first 15 years of the loan term but thereafter shall be subject to re-pricing every five years starting on the anniversary month of the 15th year.
The borrower shall be charged a processing fee equivalent to ½ of 1% of loan amount or Php500.00 whichever is higher but not to exceed Php3,000.00 to be deducted from the first loan release.
Inspection fee of Php500.00 will be charged for both within and outside Metro Manila.
The acceptable collateral for the loan is the Transfer Certificate of Title/Original Certificate of Title/Condominium Certificate Title (TCT/OCT/CCT) registered under the Torrens System issued by the Registry of Deeds in the name of the principal borrower and/or his spouse free from liens and encumbrances.
The loan shall be secured by a first mortgage on the lot and house proposed to be repaired and/or improved.
The following are not acceptable as housing loan collateral:
- Land type other than residential
- Less than 15 sq. meters floor area, in case of condominium
- Less than 32 sq. meters lot area
- Road right of way is less than 2.0 meters
- Free/Homestead/Misc. Sales Patent Titles
SSS will appraise the property.
The housing loan account should be covered by a Mortgage Redemption Insurance and Fire and Earthquake Insurance. The insurance premiums shall be shouldered by the borrower.
Mode of Payment
Post-dated checks (PDCs) shall be the mode of payment. Member-borrowers shall submit a set of twelve (12) months PDCs representing loan amortization payments and to be replenished every year thereafter until the account is fully paid. Payments through post-dated checks shall be subject to Office Order No. 2011-028.
How to Apply
The member-borrower should file his/her application to the nearest Housing and Acquired Asset Management Section (HAAMS) for outside NCR, or at the Member Loans Department, 5/F, SSS Bldg., East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City for NCR.
The following documents should be submitted upon application:
1. Application for Direct House Repair and/or Improvement Loan (2 copies) and SS ID Cards of the principal applicant and his/her spouse, if applicable. In the absence of the SS ID Card, any two (2) valid IDs with signature, at least one (1) with photo (original and photocopy for authentication).
2. For employed borrower, latest Income Tax Return (original and photocopy for authentication) and Certification of Employment and Compensation duly signed by the employer’s SSS authorized signatory (original copy) together with two (2) latest monthly pay slips.
For Self-employed or Professional, Income Tax Returns and Financial Statements for the last three (3) years (original and one photocopy).
For overseas workers, the Contract of Employment and Certification of Employment and Compensation duly authenticated by the Philippine Consulate or SSS Foreign Representative.
3. Certified true copy of the Original/Transfer/Condominium Certificate of Title (OCT/TCT/CCT) issued by the Registry of Deeds together with owner’s duplicate copy*.
4. Latest Tax Declaration of Real Property (land and building) with the Official Receipt of Realty Tax Payment (original and one (1) photocopy).
5. Lot/Location Plan prepared, signed & sealed by a licensed geodetic engineer. The plan should be prepared in a standard Bureau of Lands form (blueprint or whiteprint copy in 15” x 20” size) with the following: *
5.1 Sketch of the lot with description of its boundaries.
5.2 Lengths and bearings of the tie line and sides of the lot.
5.3 Vicinity map w/ landmarks, street pattern, street names and lot distance as reckoned/based on the lot to the nearest street intersection (2 copies).
6. Consolidation-subdivision plan approved by the Land Registration Authority or Bureau of Lands/DENR-NCR (15” x 20” size; primary document) (1 copy).
7. Complete set of building plan (20” x 30” size; blue/whiteprint copy) as approved by the Building Official with signature of the owner/applicant and signed & sealed by the respective licensed engineers (Architectural Plans by the Architect/Civil Engineer, Structural Plans by Civil/Structural Engineer, Sanitary Plans by Civil/Sanitary Engineer and Electrical Plans by Electrical Engineer). For existing/completed houses, as-built building plans duly signed & sealed by respective engineer or architect with conformity of the owner/applicant (2 copies).
8. Specifications and Bill of Materials & Labor must be signed & sealed by a licensed civil engineer or architect with owner’s conformity, for loans over P100,000. While for loans P100,000 and below the signature and seal by a licensed civil engineer or architect are no longer required (original and one (1) photocopy).
9. Scope of Works showing list/itemized works to be done according to priority, prepared, and signed by owner, civil engineer, or architect (original and one (1) photocopy).
10. Building or Renovation Permit issued/approved by the Building Official with Locational Clearance, Electrical Permit, Sanitary/Plumbing Permit, and corresponding official receipts of payments (original and one (1) photocopy).
11. Pictures of existing collateral; the existing house and lot (1st – Front and one side, 2nd – Rear and other side, 3rd – Kitchen counter, and 4th – Toilet and Bath Pictures).
12. For existing housing loan with the SSS under Joint Application (duplex unit), written conformity/consent of the joint applicant/co-owner mortgagor pertaining to this repair and/or improvement housing loan availment (original copy).
13. For Condominium Units:
13.1 Floor plan of the specific condominium unit, scaled with size dimensions (20” x 30” size, blue/whiteprint copy) signed & sealed by licensed architect or civil engineer.
13.2 Architectural Plans showing the plan of the specific floor where the unit is located; Floor plan should be scaled with size dimensions.
13.3 First page of the condominium building plans showing the site development plan, vicinity map, etc., as approved by the Building Official.
14. Affidavit of undertaking to continue paying monthly SSS Premium Contributions for the duration of loan for Voluntary and Self-employed member only.
* Not required if presently mortgaged with SSS.
- Present original and a photocopy of valid IDs and required documents for authentication purposes.
- Applicant and spouse must be up-to-date in all existing loan accounts with SSS subject to verification by Member Loans Department (MLD).
- SSS reserves the right to require additional documents if deemed necessary.