It aims to provide socialized and low-cost housing to workers who are bonafide members of duly registered and accredited workers’ organizations.
WOMs refer to any association of workers in the private sector duly registered with the DOLE, the Securities and Exchange Commission, or the Cooperative Development Authority. It shall include any trade union center, federation, national union, local/chapter, or independent union as defined in Book V of the Labor Code.
A member-borrower is qualified to apply if he/she meets the following eligibility requirements:
- Member is a bonafide member of a registered workers’ organization in the private sector.
- Member must be a member of the SSS.
- Member has at least thirty-six (36) months premium contribution and twenty-four (24) continuous contributions in a period prior to application.
- Member not more than sixty (60) years old at the time of application and must be insurable. Members aged sixty (60) years at time of application will have a maximum loan term of five (5) years.
- Member was not previously granted an SSS housing loan.
- Member has not been granted final SSS benefits.
- Member and spouse is updated in the payment of their other SSS loan(s), if any. The spouse of an existing borrower may still qualify for an SSS housing loan if the loan of the existing borrower was obtained prior to the date of marriage and the loan is not delinquent.
The allowable purposes for this loan are as follows:
- To construct a new house or dwelling unit on a lot owned by the applicant free from liens/encumbrances.
- To purchase a lot and construct thereon a new house or dwelling unit.
- To purchase an existing residential unit which may be a house and lot, a condominium unit, or a townhouse.
The maximum loanable amount is Php2,000,000.00. The loan amount granted is the lowest amount based on the following factors:
- Appraised value of collateral of at least 70% but not to exceed 90%.
- Borrower’s capacity to pay.
- Actual need of the borrower based on the contract to sell/scope of work and bill of materials evaluated by the SSS.
|Housing Loan Type||Amount of Loan|
|Socialized Housing Loan||Up to Php450,000.00|
|Low-cost Housing Loan||Over Php450,000.00 up to Php1,000,000.00|
|Over Php1,000,000.00 up to Php1,500,000.00|
|Over Php1,500,000.00 up to Php2,000,000.00|
NOTE: A maximum of three (3) qualified SSS members may combine their individual loanable limits, secured by the same collateral, provided they are related within the first (1st) civil degree of consanguinity or affinity.
The loan is payable in multiples of five (5) years up to a maximum of thirty (30) years. However, the loan term shall be subject to the following:
- The principal borrower’s age shall not exceed sixty-five (65) years old at the time of loan maturity.
- The loan term shall not exceed the economic life of the building as determined by the SSS appraiser.
The Interest Rates are as follows:
|Up to Php450,000.00||8% p.a.|
|Over Php450,000.00 up to Php1,000,000.00||9% p.a.|
|Over Php1,000,000.00 up to Php1,500,000.00||10% p.a.|
|Over Php1,500,000.00 up to Php2,000,000.00||11% p.a.|
The loan shall be secured by any collateral acceptable to SSS provided the loan is fully secured.
The allowable collateral for an SSS housing loan is the property covered by a Transfer Certificate of Title/Original Certificate of Title/Condominium Certificate of Title (TCT/OCT/CCT) issued by the Registry of Deeds in the name of the principal borrower, free from liens and encumbrances.
The loan shall be secured by a first Real Estate Mortgage (REM) on the house and lot to be financed. The REM shall be annotated on the member borrower’s TCT/OCT/CCT and shall be registered with the appropriate Registry of Deeds. The loan shall also be covered by Philippine Guarantee Corporation.
The following are not acceptable as housing loan collateral:
- Land type other than residential.
- Less than 15 sq. meters floor area, in case of condominium.
- Less than 32 sq. meters lot area.
- Road right of way is less than 2.0 meters.
- Free/Homestead/Miscellaneous Sales Patent Titles.
Please be reminded that all insurance premiums shall be shouldered by the borrower.
- Mortgage Redemption Insurance
- Fire and Earthquake Insurance
- Philippine Guarantee Corporation Coverage
Mode of Payment
The WOMs can repay the loan by issuing post-dated checks (PDCs) covering the monthly amortizations during the term of the loan. Initial submission of PDCs shall be for the first twelve (12) months and replaced every year thereafter until fully paid. However, payment through post-dated checks shall be subject to Office Order No. 2011-028.
How to Apply
The member-borrower may file the application at the nearest Housing and Acquired Asset Management Section (HAAMS) for outside NCR, or at the Member Loans Department, 5/F, SSS Bldg., East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City for NCR.
The following documents should be submitted upon filing of application:
1. Original copy of the following:
1.1 Mortgagor’s Application for Housing Loan with 1” x 1” ID pictures of Principal Applicant and Spouse
1.2 Certificate of Loan Eligibility – (Php100 Service Fee)
1.3 Certification of Membership from the workers’ organization
1.4 Employer’s Certification
1.5 Latest two (2) months’ pay slip duly certified by the employer
1.6 Deed of Sale or Contract to Sell with Statement of latest balance (for purchase of lot or house and lot)
1.7 Confirmation of Completion and Appraisal from Philippine Guarantee Corporation accredited appraisal companies
1.8 Certificate of Acceptance and Occupancy duly signed by the borrower if house is 100% complete at the time of the loan filing
2. Original and Photocopy of the following:
2.1 Latest income tax return together with Form W-2 and Confirmation Receipt of Payment
2.2 Owner’s copy of the Original Certificate of Title/Transfer Certificate of Title/Condominium Certificate of Title
2.3 Certified true copy of Original Certificate of Title/Transfer Certificate of Title/Condominium Certificate of Title issued by the Registry of Deeds
2.4 Latest Property Tax Declaration and latest Realty Tax Receipt
3. Other documents:
3.1 Lot Plan with Vicinity Map duly signed and sealed by a registered Surveyor or Geodetic Engineer (Blueprint)
3.2 Building plans/specifications/picture of the house (Blueprint)
3.3 A set of twelve (12) postdated checks covering twelve (12) monthly installments and shall be repeated every twelve (12) months thereafter until the loan is fully paid
3.4 Tax Mapping/Subdivision Plan
3.5 Affidavit of Undertaking to continue paying monthly SSS premium contributions for the duration of housing loan
- Present original and submit one (1) photocopy of valid IDs and required documents for authentication purposes.
- Applicant and spouse (if any) must be up-to-date in all existing loan accounts with SSS subject to verification by the SSS.
- SSS reserves the right to require additional documents if deemed necessary.
- Application Fee – ½ of 1% of loan amount or P500 whichever is higher but not to exceed P3,000.00 to be deducted from the first loan release
- Inspection Fee – P500 for both within and outside Metro Manila