Designed to support the Government’s shelter program, which aims to provide socialized and low-cost housing to overseas Filipino contract workers.
An OFW is a private sector worker who is:
- Currently deployed with a contract processed through the Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA) or authenticated by the Embassy abroad.
- With employment contracts which are awaiting renewal/deployment; however, release of loan shall be made upon renewal/employment.
- A Filipino national but who is now a citizen or immigrant of a foreign countries but is interested in buying a housing unit for his family who is still in the country.
- A long-term resident overseas Filipinos who wish to avail of housing packages either for themselves when they retire or when they visit the Philippines and/or for their extended families.
OFW member is qualified to borrow if he/she meets the following eligibility requirements:
- Member is a certified Overseas Filipino Worker.
- Member is a voluntary OFW member of SSS.
- Member has at least thirty-six (36) months contribution and twenty-four (24) continuous contributions in the period prior to application.
- Member is not more than sixty (60) years old at the time of application and must be insurable. Members aged sixty (60) years at time of application will have a maximum loan term of five (5) years.
- Member was not previously granted an SSS housing loan.
- Member has not been granted final SSS benefits.
- Borrower and spouse is updated in the payment of their other SSS loan(s), if any. The spouse of an existing borrower may still qualify for an SSS housing loan if the loan of the existing borrower was obtained prior to the date of marriage and the loan is not delinquent.
The allowable purposes for this loan are as follows:
- Construction of a new house or dwelling unit on a lot owned by the applicant free from lien/encumbrances.
- Purchase of a lot and construction thereon of a new house or dwelling unit.
- Purchase of an existing residential unit which may be a house and lot, a condominium unit, or a townhouse.
NOTE: The property subject of the loan must be occupied by the owner-borrower or his/her immediate family member upon purchase of the unit.
The maximum loanable amount is Php2,000,000.00. The loan amount granted shall be the lowest amount based on the following factors:
- Appraised value of collateral of at least 70% but not to exceed 90%
- Borrower’s capacity to pay
- Actual need of the borrower based on the contract to sell/scope of work and bill of materials evaluated by the SSS
|Housing Loan Type||Amount of Loan|
|Socialized Housing Loan||Up to Php450,000.00|
|Low-cost Housing Loan||Over Php450,000.00 up to Php1,000,000.00|
|Over Php1,000,000.00 up to Php1,500,000.00|
|Over Php1,500,000.00 up to Php2,000,000.00|
A maximum of three (3) qualified SSS members may be tacked-in for a single loan up to the combined maximum individual availment for the loanable amount secured by the same collateral, provided they are related within the first (1st ) civil degree of consanguinity or affinity.
The loan is payable in multiples of five (5) years up to a maximum of fifteen (15) years. However, the loan term shall be subject to the following:
- The principal borrower’s age shall not exceed 65 years old at the time of loan maturity.
- The loan term shall not exceed the economic life of the building as determined by the SSS appraiser.
The Interest Rates are as follows:
|Up to Php450,000.00||8% p.a.|
|Over Php450,000.00 up to Php1,000,000.00||9% p.a.|
|Over Php1,000,000.00 up to Php1,500,000.00||10% p.a.|
|Over Php1,500,000.00 up to Php2,000,000.00||11% p.a.|
The collateral for the loan is the Transfer Certificate of Title/Original Certificate of Title/ Condominium Certificate of Title (TCT/OCT/CCT) issued by the Registry of Deeds in the name of the principal borrower free from liens and encumbrances.
The loan shall be secured by a first Real Estate Mortgage (REM) on the house and lot to be financed. The REM shall be annotated on the member borrowers TCT/OCT/CCT and shall be registered with the appropriate Registry of Deeds. The loan shall also be covered by Philippine Guarantee Corporation.
The following are not acceptable as collateral:
- Land type other than residential
- Less than 15 sq. meters floor area, in case of condominium units
- Less than 32 sq. meters lot area
- Road right of way is less than 2.0 meters
- Free/Homestead/Miscellaneous Sales Patent Titles
Please be reminded that all insurance premiums shall be shouldered by the borrower.
- Mortgage Redemption Insurance
- Fire and Earthquake Insurance
- Philippine Guarantee Corporation Coverage
Mode of Payment
Below is the list of Overseas Payment Centers (for OFWs):
- PNB electronic overseas bills payment
- i-Remit online branches
- Ventaja online outlets
- WDS-Lucky Money online branches
- Metrobank online branches & subsidiaries
- BDO Remit Services
- RCBC Telepay Service
- BOC Remittance tie-ups
- AUB Ginto Hatid Express
- Bancnet online payments (www.bancnetonline.com)
- Branches or remittance tie-ups of accredited collecting banks
How to Apply
The member-borrower may file the application at the nearest Housing and Acquired Asset Management Section (HAAMS) for outside NCR, or at the Member Loans Department, 5/F, SSS Bldg., East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City for NCR.
The following documents should be submitted upon filing of application:
1. Original copy of the following:
1.1 Mortgagor’s Application for Housing Loan with 1” x 1” ID pictures of Principal Applicant and Spouse
1.2 Certificate of Loan Eligibility (CLE) – (Php100 Service Fee)
1.3 Certification from POEA/DOLE/OWWA/ SSS Foreign Representative Office or Philippine Embassy/Consular Office
1.4 Deed of Sale or Contract to Sell with statement of latest balance for purchase of lot or house and lot
1.5 Appraisal Report from Philippine Guarantee Corporation accredited appraisal companies
1.6 Certificate of Acceptance and Occupancy duly signed by the borrower if house is 100% complete at the time of loan filing
1.7 Duly notarized Special Power of Attorney (if filing is through a representative)
2. Original and Photocopy of the following:
2.1 Latest Contract of Employment and latest Employer’s Certification duly authenticated by Phil. Consulate
2.2 Owner’s copy of the TCT/OCT/CCT
2.3 Certified true copy of TCT/OCT/CCT issued by the Registry of Deeds
2.4 Latest Property Tax Declaration and Realty Tax Receipt
3. Other documents:
3.1 Lot plan with vicinity map duly signed and sealed by Registered Surveyor or Geodetic Engineer (Blueprint)
3.2 Building plans/specifications/picture of the house (Blueprint)
3.3 A set of twelve (12) postdated checks covering twelve (12) monthly installments and shall be repeated every twelve (12) months thereafter until the loan is fully paid
3.4 Tax Mapping/Subdivision Plan
3.5 Affidavit of Undertaking to continue paying monthly SSS premium contributions for the duration of housing loan
- Present original and submit one (1) photocopy of valid IDs and required documents for authentication purposes.
- Applicant and spouse must be up-to-date in the payment of all existing loan accounts with SSS subject to verification by the SSS.
- SSS reserves the right to require additional documents if deemed necessary.
- Application Fee – ½ of 1% of loan amount or Php500.00 whichever is higher but not to exceed Php3,000.00 to be deducted from the first loan release.
- Inspection Fee – Php500.00 for both within and outside Metro Manila.